Mr. McNair has led a distinctive 28-year business career in the life insurance industry. He succeeded his father and grandfather as President/CEO of McNair & Company, Inc. in 1987.
A published author, his articles have appeared in industry periodicals such as The Journal of Practical Estate Planning and National Underwriter. He is also a frequent lecturer at professional and industry meetings throughout the United States.
AFFILIATIONS / CREDENTIALS
• Association for Advanced Life Underwriting (AALU) –National Board Member: 2006-2009
• Best Practices Committee/AALU 2005-2010
• Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT) –Life & Qualifying Member (25 consecutive years)
• Perennial MDRT Top of the Table Member
• FINRA Series 7, 63, and 65 Licensures
Mr. McNair is a 1973 graduate of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with a Bachelor of Arts degree in American Studies.
Upon his graduation from UNC, Mr. McNair played on the ATP World Professional Tour from 1973 –1982. He won the French Open Doubles Championship and was ranked No. 1 in the world with his partner, Sherwood Stewart in 1976. He also was a member of the 1978 U.S. Davis Cup Championship Team with Arthur Ashe.
Mr. McNair has been actively involved in several charitable endeavors in the Washington, DC and Mid-Atlantic region:
• Board of Trustees, Virginia Foundation for Independent Colleges, 2002-2007
• Chairman, USTA Olympic Tennis Committee, 2004-2006
• Board Member, Northern Virginia Community Foundation, 2004-2006
• President, Mid-Atlantic Tennis Foundation, 2000-2004
Mr. McNair lives in McLean, Virginia with his wife, Amy, and has four children – Alexandra, Freddy V, Ian, and Seth.
CORPORATE OVERVIEW HISTORY:
McNair & Company, Inc., founded in 1931, is a third-generation estate planning firm that has been providing objective advice, creative insurance solutions and exemplary service for families and businesses for more than 80 years.
• Estate Planning and Consulting
• Executive Benefit Plans (NQDC)
• Life Settlements, LTC & Disability Insurance/Advisory Services
McNair & Company, Inc. helps clients to evaluate and construct their insurance portfolios in order to:
• Protect the value of current assets; and
• Transfer wealth to future generations and institutions they cherish
McNair & Company, Inc., has worked with affluent families, entrepreneurs and executives throughout the U.S. and has implemented more than $2 billion in trust-owned life insurance since 2000.
Printable Bio Available Here.